Call for papers: Yuri Petrovich Lyubimov (1917-2014)
International scientific conference held on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the famous Russian stage actor and director
Russian State Art Library and the Charity Fund development of theatrical art of Y. P. Lyubimov invite to participate in this international scientific conference, dedicated to the 100th birth anniversary of the outstanding director Y. P. Lyubimov. The conference will take place in Moscow during 28–29 of September 2017 as part of the special anniversary program under the support of the Ministry of culture of the Russian Federation.
The following aspects will be discussed at the conference:
- Directing methods of Y. Lyubimov;
- Scenarios and libretti created by Y. Lyubimov;
- Y. Lyubimov – the innovator in the sphere of scenic art;
- Y. Lyubimov as the founder of Taganka theatre;
- Y. Lyubimov and the European theatre;
- Theatre of Y. Lyubimov: socio-cultural adoption on native and global scale;
- History of Y. Lyubimov’s performances;
- Experience of Y. Lyubimov as an actor;
- Theatre of Y. Lyubimov – materials in the assembly of museums, archives, libraries, theatres;
- Studying the cultural heritage of Y. Lyubimov;
- Possibilities of informational resources to be created about the life and creative work of Y. Lyubimov.
A special session will be dedicated to the memory of Y.Lubimovs’ companions – Rimas Tuminas, Anatoly Vasiliev, Alla Demidova, Vladimir Martinov, Ornella Calvorese (Italy), Marcello Gallucci (Italy), Veniamin Smechov, Lyudmila Maksakova, Mikhail Lavrovsky, Dmitry Mezhevich, and Katalin Lyubimova.
At the conference, the RSAL will present books, periodicals, and archival documents from the library funds.
A collection of articles will be released after the conference.
Yuri Petrovich Lyubimov
Anniversary conference organised by the Russian State Art Library and the Charity Fund development of theatrical art of Y.P. Lyubimov
From 28 to 29 September 2017
Call for proposals will be accepted until 15 August 2017. Registration is open until 15 September 2017. Please contact the conference committee.