33rd SIBMAS Conference – Warsaw 3-6 of November 2020
The Executive Committee of SIBMAS and the Organisational Committee are looking forward to welcome you in Warsaw for our 2020 SIBMAS Conference which will take place from 3 – 6 of November.
Performing the future. Institutions and politics of memory.
The 33th SIBMAS Conference will focus on the following issues:
- Facts, emotions, narratives – ideas and practices of a narrative museum.
- Museums, archives and libraries as an interactive space – how to develop a relationship with visitors, practitioners of performing arts, and collectively contribute to an open society.
- Marketing and collection – developing exhibitions and an image for a library or collection.
- Theatre heritage institutions and the politics of memory – what narratives do we need and for what purpose?
- Canonical and alternative approaches to the archives and library collections on performing arts.
- Body and archive – documenting of “unpreservable” by museums, archives, libraries or artists themselves.
- Performing the past/reviving the narrative – collaboration between archives, museums, libraries on the one hand and artists on the other.
- The impact of policies, politics, and conventions on theatre and performing arts practices as well as its preservation.
- Ecology in the library, archive and museum – practicing care for the Earth; how do perform jobs and help save the planet.