Local information & accommodation
Welcome to Paris!
The Paris official website of the Convention and Visitors Bureau is full of resources (maps, how to get to and around Paris, visits, going out, shopping, eating out, …) to make your trip to Paris a success.
Where to sleep in Paris
- Hotels close to BnF – site François Mitterrand
- Hôtel Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliothèque, 6 boulevard Vincent Auriol, 75013 Paris (5 minute-walk from the BnF)
- Hôtel Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, 85 rue de Bercy, 75012 Paris (10 minute-walk or by metro from the BnF)
- Hôtel Claret, 44 boulevard de Bercy, 75012 Paris (10 minute-walk or by metro from the BnF)
- Quality Suites Bercy Bibliothèque, 15 rue de Tolbiac, 75013 Paris (10 minute-walk from the BnF)
- Hotels close to BnF – site Richelieu
and also lots of private rental accomodation, bed and breakfast,…
How to get to Paris
- By train
Paris can be reached by train in a matter of hours from elsewhere in France and all major European cities. All 9 stations bring you right into the heart of the city. They are situated in different areas of Paris relating to the destinations that the trains serve, and are well connected to the public transport network (metro, RER, bus).
- By plane
- Paris – Charles de Gaulle airport. Located 23 km north of Paris, Paris – Charles de Gaulle airport is within easy reach of the capital by bus or suburban train (RER B). The taxi (official companies) fare is fixed price, 50 to 55 € depending on your destination.
- Orly airport. Located 14 km south of Paris, Orly airport is within easy reach of the capital by bus, suburban train (Orlyval and RER B – change at Antony station) and taxi (all inclusive fare 30 to 35 €).